The Mreznica River is one of Croatia’s most desirable continental retreats due to its transparent green water, unspoiled woods and magical landscapes. It is special for its 93 waterfalls and pools of warm water between them, perfect for refreshment away from beach crowds. Its diversity leaves option for several different itineraries which you can also combine in a multi day adventure.
The trip on the upper section of the river is adventure suitable for those who wish to spend an active day on the water with lots of swimming, jumping off waterfalls and enjoying beautiful nature.
Activity level: moderate
River class: II/III
We will meet in Primislje village. After providing you with the equipment, we head out to the river where our trip begins. Kayaking, swimming and enjoying the scenery are a part of this adventure. We will go past the second highest waterfall on the Mreznica (8m), a magical place ideal for swimming and a picnic. After a break, we head downstream and finish the adventure by the bridge over the river in Primislje village.
10:00 – arrive at the meeting destination
10:15 – prepare for the trip and safety talk provided by the trip leader.
11:00 – start the trip.
12:00 – swimming and jumping at the big waterfall.
12:30 – continue down the river.
14:00 – finish up the trip and transfer back to the meeting point.
In case of high water levels we will descend the Mreznica in rafts.
Note: This itinerary and duration of the activities are subject to change due to group abilities and preferences, weather conditions forecasts, water levels, special events of interest, etc. Huck Finn guides and trip leaders will do their utmost to ensure the best possible experience for their clients without compromising safety at any time. This may mean changing the original itinerary to avoid discomfort or risk which could be caused by exceptional situations. Huck Finn reserves the right to alter the itinerary without prior notice.
Price: 40 €
Child price: 30 € (valid for children aged 12 and under at time of travel).
- English speaking guide,
- use of necessary equipment,
- secure parking for personal cars at the start point,
- return transfer from endpoint back to your personal car
- transfer – possible if available on the requested date (an additional cost is calculated per person depending on the pickup point).
Group discount: valid for groups 20 or more
Cancellation policy: In the unlikely case of extreme weather conditions Huck Finn Adventure Travel will reschedule the activity for a day or two prior or after the date booked, if possible. If the change is not possible, the payments will be refunded in full. All client’s cancellations must be in writing – by email or fax.
Cancellation charges per person (percentage of total price):
– 8 or more days prior to arrival – 0%
– 2-7 days prior to arrival – 50%
– 1 day prior to arrival or no show – 100%
Minimum age: 6 years if accompanied by parents.
Departure dates: April – October, every day of the week. Please check the availability for certain dates before planning the excursion by contacting us.
- shorts or bathing suit,
- T-shirt and wet shoes,
- sun cream,
- water and snack (optional)
Huck Finn is not responsible for the loss or damage of your personal items.
Equipment: we use two person sit on top kayaks. You will get paddles, life jackets and dry bags. In case of high water levels (usually April, May and October) rafts will be used instead of kayaks. Waterproof containers are available for personal items.
HOW TO GET THERE
From Plitvice Lakes National Park direction: Take the local road Plitvice Lakes – Slunj – Karlovac. When you arrive to Slunj turn left at the sign: Kukaca, Primislje. When you reach the roundabout take first exit to Ogulin and follow the road until you reach Primislje.
- Own transport: if you are driving, we recommend leaving Plitvice Lakes area at least 45 minutes to 1 hour before.
- Public transport: Public transport is not available. If you do not have your own car or a rent-a-car, transfer can be booked on request.
From Zagreb direction: Take the highway Zagreb-Karlovac. Exit in Karlovac. Drive in dirrection of Split to Slunj. When you arrive to Slunj turn right at the sign: Primislje. When you reach the roundabout take first exit to Ogulin and follow the road until you reach Primislje.
- Own transport: if you are driving, we recommend leaving Zagreb at least 2h before. If you do not have your own car or a rent-a-car, transfer can be booked on request for larger groups.
- Public transport: Public transport is available between Zagreb and Slunj, where we can pick you up and transfer you to Primislje Village. Take a bus from Zagreb Main Bus Station at 8 am to Slunj. If you do not have your own car or a rent-a-car, transfer can be booked on request.